Sustainable Apartment Living – Resources for Living Beyond Green
If you're living in a LEED certified apartment, you've already taken a huge step toward sustainable apartment living. Don't stop there. The web is filled with resources to help you make an even bigger difference. Here's a few to get you started:
- Green Apartment Living- Making a Difference at Home – Tips for sustainable apartment living.
- Local Harvest – Enter your zip code to find local farms, farmer's markets, organic restaurants and other sources of sustainably grown food and green products.
- MapMyRide – Map your bike rides, no GPS needed. You can also keep track of your routes, see the distances, and even calculate the calories you’ll burn on various routes.
- Earth 911 - Find recycling centers for electronics, CDs, ink cartridges, aluminum cans and more. Just enter your zip code and what you want to recycle to see a list of drop off sites. The site also provides a Recycling 101.
- Carbon Footprint Calculator – Calculate your carbon footprint, see how much you contribute to greenhouse gas emissions and learn how to make improvements.
- 9 Ways to Make Your Computer Use More Eco Friendly – Simple tips to follow.
- Save Money on Gas with these 10 Tips – Following these tips will help you use less fuel.
- Sustainable Dining Guide – Know what you’re eating!
- Eating Green Calculator – Find out the effects of your diet on your health and the environment.
- Great Green Web Game – Test and increase your knowledge for sustainable living by playing online.