Ecofriendly Building Design & Construction for Living Beyond Green
In 2008 The Dinerstein Companies adopted ecofriendly building design and construction standards set by the U.S. Green Building Council for achieving LEED® certification. Dinerstein’s commitment to developing quality environmentally friendly housing that meets the highest standards of performance and sustainability became known as Living Beyond Green.
Eco-Friendly Construction Begins
SUSTAINABILITY: 100% LEED SILVER OR BETTER IS OUR COMMITMENT
The ecofriendly construction included:
- Increased insulation
- Custom energy efficient windows
- Programmable thermostats
- Low VOCs in paints, carpets and other building materials
- Water efficient plumbing fixtures
- Compact florescent lighting
- Landscaping with native plants and water conservation measures
- Protected green space
In the apartment communities you will also find Energy Star appliances, recycling centers for residents, preferred parking for fuel efficient vehicles, air quality testing in buildings, green cleaning maintenance and more for living beyond green.
Benefits of Eco-Friendly Building
Ecofriendly building of apartment properties requires a major commitment, but offers a multitude of benefits to the environment and residents. Among the benefits are:
- Conservation of natural resources
- Enhancement and protection of the property’s natural surroundings
- Improved indoor air quality
- Improved health and comfort of residents
- Minimized impact on the local infrastructure
- Reduction of construction waste sent to landfills
As a bonus, the owner or developer of an ecofriendly building gains economic benefits such as tax and rebate incentives, enhanced asset value and lower operating costs.
To learn more about eco-friendly building, contact us.